Skip to main content

"RECIPE OF LIFE"

Food is any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is INGESTED by an organism and ASSIMILATED by the organism's cells in an effort to PRODUCE ENERGY, MAINTAIN LIFE, or STIMULATE GROWTH.
While, a recipe is a set of instructions that describes how to prepare/achieve or make something.
WELCOME TO THE TABLE. Let's have life as a meal!
I did not set out writing this piece with any intent to stir up your culinary skills or condemn in any case for those who lack one. But instead, my desire was to put across to you a basic life message in simple palpable terms.
Highlighted(In block letters) are words I would want you to take cognizance of. This Recipe Of Life has got ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS,i.e Something to help you face different challenges as you encounter them in your journey.
You really will have to INGEST this to stand any chance of keying into the essence of this piece. Ingestion here is believing!
Have you cells to ASSIMILATE this? Before any food/food substance will do a man any good, his body cells must be able to assimilate it and draw out required nutrients. Here what you must do, is understand and imbibe what this piece is teaching, that's the assimilation required of you.
Congratulations when/if you can achieve all this. You have just set your self on the right track to produce the much need ENERGY to go through life and in essence, MAINTAIN LIFE and in turn, STIMULATE GROWTH. I mean, Growth in every sense of it!
*************************RECIPE*************************
"A pot of desires, A plate of goals, As many spoons of effort, A bib of alternatives, A bottle Patience to drink from, and #TheRecipeOfLife is complete." -TW™

*********************************************************
Simple as that looks, in it lies a perfect recipe for life. Bringing it further home to you, I will expantiate a little on each item in that recipe, because it obviously is beyond the cover and far deeper than what a group of letters turned words can tell.
-A POT OF DESIRES
I'm pretty sure the picture of a pot is beginning to flash across your mind. What I can't be sure of is the size. Depending on who you are (a big dreamer, a small dreamer) the size of the pot you visualize will vary.
Life permits us to have desires, and may I inform you that; It is profitable for you to have them as many as possible. They help drive your hunger for greatness. Hence the phrase "Pot Of Desires".
-A PLATE OF GOALS
It good to have desires, but far better to have goals. Goals themselves are desires really, but there lies a thin line you must learn to draw at all times. Goals are definite, and are desires that have gone beyond daydreaming, and wishes, but have become something with an action plan of reaching. Goals are desires you have commenced work (however little) upon.
-AS MANY SPOONS OF EFFORT
If I told you there'll be no need for this item, I must have lied, deceived and fooled you. In this is about the most important part of this recipe. Having had desires, fashioned out goals, it is expedient that you put in some work.....all the work in fact!
Your spoon of effort must constantly oscillate and translate in movement. Its displacement remains ever important. You've got to move it, you've got to act, you've got to make efforts, you've got to do something to get something.
- A BIB OF ALTERNATIVES
When I was a baby my mother wore bibs on me whenever I was about to have my meals. I wore my bibs until I grew and learnt to be perfect eating without spilling food on my clothes.
A bib is a form of protection, a cover of a sort. In life we must make room for alternatives....you can't afford anymore to put all your eggs in one basket (now I don't know how far you would want to apply this to the various aspects of your life).
It is wiser to make plans and sub-plans.
"Until you can learn to shoot without missing, you cannot risk going to hunt with just one bullet." -TW™
-A BOTTLE OF PATIENCE TO DRINK FROM
We would never be able to downplay the role of water (any drink) in the process of having a meal. Water plays a vital role in this recipe.
Am sure you know what water can do for you in moments when you get stucked and its like nothing is moving down your gullet. That moment when you say; "The food has stayed in my chest" Ha Ha! That's what am talking about.
When its like everything has come to stay on your chest, and its like the weight of the world is upon your shoulders, BE PATIENT. Never you take a rash decision, you might live to regret it.
The role of patience in life cannot be over emphasized. I'll implore you to take along with you to dine, a BIG bottle of patience to drink from.
You must permit and pardon me if I have made this too concise for you. I appreciate the fact that you always love to read from me. I love writing to you even more, but as time will not permit that I keep you reading an epistle, I find it fair to always make my articles as brief as I can. (Though many a times I really just want to go on and on!).
Someday you'll have a book from me. In the meantime, just take me as I am.
(If This Article Has Done You Any One Good, Please Do You Possible Best To See That Someone Else Hears About And/Or Reads It). Thanks.
Its The Wordsmith™
(C) 2014.
Akogun Olalekan™










Comments

  1. Anonymous06:58

    Wow! Wow! Wow!. #Speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladele10:42

    Well thought out sir. It's rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pope11:14

    Awesome piece bro. My wife needs to read this too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That (il)legal Tender.

"A huge number of humans have their Truth-Reserve/account either fat or static. We rarely withdraw nor spend from it, and will rather run life's transactions with that (il)legal tender, LIES". -TW™ Its not so amazing today how accepted, tolerated, and infact enjoyed (in the actual sense) lies are. Little wonder I chose to coin it as "(il)legal Tender". Illegal tender in every sense of it, yet legal tender judging by the widespread acceptance and employment of it. Why Account? Account owing to the fact that we know the truth, identify it, gather it, but yet fail to employ it, resulting to a mere build up (Account/Reserve) in our hearts, while refusing to spend/transact with it. Note: Truth spent yields even more dividends that truth stored. Why Lie? The "cover my/your arse" mentality/syndrome has taken the good-life over from us, I wonder why on God's earth we left our arses open in the first place, and who told us lies truly covers anyone'

"Meanings Make The Man, His Definitions Define Him"

"Its difficult, if not impossible to respond beyond your heart". How do I mean? "Your conceived, derived and/or imbibed idea of thing, defines your attitude towards it"-TW™ You've always wondered why you act the way you do, react the way you do, or respond to things the way you do. Hey, am not talking temperaments here, the boss (Tim Lahaye) already did, and he "took it to the cleaners'. Even in deceit, its a hard thing to behave/respond to a thing beyond what you think about it, know about it, and the values you have placed on it. Catching a golden mug falling directly towards your head for example is a scenario that captures correctly an aspect of my discourse. There exist a couple of options to this, and believe me, every man could respond differently to this situation. One of the responses to expect, which I know you know already is; Catching the mug, preventing it from hitting your head or even the fall. Another response would be; completely do

You Didn't Deserve To Die, I Didn't Deserve Your Life.

"Though you knew the world won't receive you, you still gave your life to try. Wonderful Jesus, how can I fathom you!" -TW™ What a burden you chose to carry, what a load of Sin. Without my burden, you rode on a donkey, with mine and the whole world's upon you, you decided walking on your feet was better. What manner of man are you? You saw us kill you, yet you allowed it, for you, anything will do, just as long as it'll please the Father. The bruises and the stripes alone was good enough, if it was just about the shedding of blood, you gave it in good quantity through the torture suffered in the hands of the Roman soldiers, you really did not need to die. This was more, this was great, in fact, "Greater love than this no man can give". You paid it all, you laid your life, you paid the ultimate price that I might live. Rejected and abandoned, yet all you saw was me. Disgraced, crucified and killed for a crime you had no hand in, yet all you saw w