Skip to main content

Living In This "DARK ROOM"

"Sitting in this dark room, everything I touch and feel are nothing but obstacles to me.
Sitting in this dark room, it appears everything here was made to impede my movement.
Sitting in this dark room, I've been living all the while a life of assumption.
Sitting in this dark room, my only guiding light is the darkness around me.
Sitting in this dark room, life to me was callous, like everything around worked against me.
Sitting in this dark room, I feel empty, like the only one created without a gift.
Sitting in this dark room, idle and alone, I feel naked, open and vulnerable.
Sitting in this dark room, illusions have had the best of me, I'm fast beginning to lose my mind.
Sitting in this dark room, with no clear idea of what surrounds me, and I'm sore afraid.
Sitting in this dark room, wishing I could walk a metre without hurting my knee, head or heel.
Sitting in this dark room, I'm getting so comfortable, maybe hopeless, I might never get to see the light.
Sitting in this dark room, in a world surrounded by obstacles, at least that's the way i feel.
...First I thought it'll end as a dream, but my pains have now multiplied waking up to the reality that am condemned to LIVING IN THIS DARK ROOM.
Now crying in this dark room, not for the want of light, but that all that's in here disappears and I can walk freely!"

In comparison with life in a dark room, is a life without INSPIRATION, one without INSIGHT.
While in a literal dark room, everything around you disturbs you, discourages you, hinders you, rejects you, injures you, inflicts pain on you, and you just so wish they were not there. LIFE'S THE DARK ROOM, and like many we living in it despite its challenges.
In a world where INSIGHT begets and paves way for FORESIGHT, a man remains in the dark until he can look inward to draw out light from inside of him.
In the "Dark Room" are packed obstacles, troubles, risks, death, disappointment, pain and every terrible thing you can think of, but still not without a huge fraction of space for opportunities. In the "Dark Room", also lies great opportunities, gold chests, bags of riches, and wonder packs of life. But like other negative and not so good things in there, in the absence of light, these wonderful packages of good and opportunities can cause a man to stumble if he fails to see them.
Perhaps I should paint a clear picture of this before your minds eye. Picture a warehouse 'stocked to the teeth' with goods of various kinds, explosives, injurious chemicals and lethal poisons included. But also in the same warehouse are stacked between the afore mentioned items, gold chests, suitcases containing wads of currencies of different kinds, and boxes containing medicines and remedies to a host of sicknesses and disease. At this point I want you to close your physical eyes, leaving open your mind's eye to see yourself sitting all alone in this dark warehouse. I need not be a prophet to predict that your experience would be nothing short of the above listed in the opening paragraph of this piece.
"IN THE ABSENCE OF INSIGHT, OPPORTUNITIES MAY APPEAR AS OBSTACLES" -TW™
While in the dark room, all a man would wish for was that;
1)HE NEVER FOUND HIMSELF THERE
2)THERE WERE NO OBSTACLES IN THERE, and it was just a dark hall were he could at least move about freely without getting hurt.
And so we are in the absence of insight, we just wish we weren't born, we wish we never found ourselves in our very situation, we wish every 'obstacle' was cleared away, knowing little about what opportunities lied around, since we see them all as OBSTACLES in a dark.
Illuminate your mind, do it however way you can!
Let it sink into your heart of hearts that; "THERE LIES AN OPPURTUNITY FOR GREATNESS AROUND EVERY OBSTACLE" -TW™.

At some point in my short life walk, I bothered about not securing an admission to do a certain Master of Science Programme (MSc) in a field I desired.
At some points in my short sojourn thus far on earth, I have wondered why I was born into a land void of credible opportunities, and obviously second tier race (so I thought, but now know is false).
I worried long about a failed attempt at studying abroad (Like it was the surest way to greatness).
I've been pained by so many obstacles birthing disappointments at different junctions, living in the "Dark Room". Yet there was more around those situations that I failed to see that i got to see only after my eyes were flooded with Light. Only then did I see OPPORTUNITIES lurking around, some HINGING ON OBSTACLES, and some DISGUISED IN GARMENTS OF WORK.


HOW THEN DO I GET TO SEE IN THIS DARK ROOM?
A whole lot of thing comes into play here. The way and manner with which you manage disappointment matters much. Nobody wants to be in this 'dark room', but here we are. Let's see how the bellow can help us;

*A POSITIVE MIND:
In the midst of disappointments and/or a discouraging situation, your innate assurance of something good lurking around you will do you much good in discovering the good opportunity. Actually, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOOD AROUND.
I know and believe;
THERE'S A SENSE IN nonSENSE,
A THING IN noTHING,
EVEN EMPTY IS ACTUALLY NOT SO EMPTY. -TW™
From time immemorial, more of life's battles have been fought and won/lost first in the mind. Hence, the mind remains the actual target.
"YOU'RE NOT DEFEATED UNTIL YOUR MIND IS" -TW™.
You really should know, hold and bare this in mind always; Even in a dark room, a lightened mind will see.

*WANT IT:
This may not sound particularly convincing to you, because you already would be of the notion that everyone wants something good, everyone wants opportunities, but I tell you, that is a costly assumption to make.
Not everyone wants, some are just so comfortable in their mediocrity.
"If YOU MUST GET IT, WANT IT." -TW™
You degree of wanting in a literal dark room will have you endure the pain of possible collision with obstacles, and rigors of searching in the dark to seeking what you want. Your other senses come alive, knowing sight has been handicapped. So it is with life.
Even while in this 'Dark Room' as far back as the 18th century, Thomas Edison saw and discovered electricity, and didn't stop there but went ahead to design the electric bulb (Then Incandescent Lamp). Can we rightly say, he never faced obstacles? NO! In fact, typical of 'The Dark Room'(Life) he was surrounded by obstacles. Oh, thought I mentioned it earlier, even people can be obstacles in this room.
His desires, his wants for solving an existing problem superseded the magnitude of the challenges he permitted his eyes to see and his mind to conceive.
Its time for a lightening, Its time to see!!!

Though I'll put a break to it at this juncture until other times, yet I will not fail to acknowledge and point out GOD as the Great giver of Insight. He's the Sure LIGHT in this 'Dark Room', the one pillar behind the strong mind. Ruling in the affairs of men, the Great Architect of life, Orchestrating and Controlling all things.


Its The Wordsmith™
(C) 2013.

+2348034780274

Comments

  1. Chisom12:46

    Life is truly a dark place.
    This is very deep. Weldone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13:04

    I love this.
    People are even the most common obstacle, I have a personal experience I wish to share, this life is wicked and its the human beings inside it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous14:52

    Word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous08:46

    Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this
    technological world everything is presented on net?

    my page; independent music artist marketing plan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. Visit my blog Areas of Mathematics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That (il)legal Tender.

"A huge number of humans have their Truth-Reserve/account either fat or static. We rarely withdraw nor spend from it, and will rather run life's transactions with that (il)legal tender, LIES". -TW™ Its not so amazing today how accepted, tolerated, and infact enjoyed (in the actual sense) lies are. Little wonder I chose to coin it as "(il)legal Tender". Illegal tender in every sense of it, yet legal tender judging by the widespread acceptance and employment of it. Why Account? Account owing to the fact that we know the truth, identify it, gather it, but yet fail to employ it, resulting to a mere build up (Account/Reserve) in our hearts, while refusing to spend/transact with it. Note: Truth spent yields even more dividends that truth stored. Why Lie? The "cover my/your arse" mentality/syndrome has taken the good-life over from us, I wonder why on God's earth we left our arses open in the first place, and who told us lies truly covers anyone'

"Meanings Make The Man, His Definitions Define Him"

"Its difficult, if not impossible to respond beyond your heart". How do I mean? "Your conceived, derived and/or imbibed idea of thing, defines your attitude towards it"-TW™ You've always wondered why you act the way you do, react the way you do, or respond to things the way you do. Hey, am not talking temperaments here, the boss (Tim Lahaye) already did, and he "took it to the cleaners'. Even in deceit, its a hard thing to behave/respond to a thing beyond what you think about it, know about it, and the values you have placed on it. Catching a golden mug falling directly towards your head for example is a scenario that captures correctly an aspect of my discourse. There exist a couple of options to this, and believe me, every man could respond differently to this situation. One of the responses to expect, which I know you know already is; Catching the mug, preventing it from hitting your head or even the fall. Another response would be; completely do

You Didn't Deserve To Die, I Didn't Deserve Your Life.

"Though you knew the world won't receive you, you still gave your life to try. Wonderful Jesus, how can I fathom you!" -TW™ What a burden you chose to carry, what a load of Sin. Without my burden, you rode on a donkey, with mine and the whole world's upon you, you decided walking on your feet was better. What manner of man are you? You saw us kill you, yet you allowed it, for you, anything will do, just as long as it'll please the Father. The bruises and the stripes alone was good enough, if it was just about the shedding of blood, you gave it in good quantity through the torture suffered in the hands of the Roman soldiers, you really did not need to die. This was more, this was great, in fact, "Greater love than this no man can give". You paid it all, you laid your life, you paid the ultimate price that I might live. Rejected and abandoned, yet all you saw was me. Disgraced, crucified and killed for a crime you had no hand in, yet all you saw w